New to your forum - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

New to your forum

Hello from Mayport Florida. I am a possible future Burgman owner. I am currently selling my 2006 Yamaha Stratoliner that I bought in November. The output shaft from the transmission is trashed and I can't afford to repair it so selling at a loss. I will be 69 next month and am seriously considering going to a Burgman 650. I need you folks to tell me if it would be a good choice or should I get another motorcycle. I ride about 15-18 thousand miles a year. I'm a cruiser rider but moving the big machines around is starting to get hard.

What is the difference between a 650 ABS and a 650 Executive? Is there a problem with output shafts on the Burgman? Will it run consistently at 65MPH? There is a 2014 650 new for $8100?

Any and all comments would be helpful.

Bob"Deadeye" Goggin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 04:20 PM
Super Poster

You'll love the ride

It's kind of like being in your recliner in the alert, pre-nap position. You'll give up riding with your feet flat.

Welcome. Put your location with your name and avatar.
BurgyBill likes this.

Let me ride 'til I croak.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 04:21 PM
Insane Poster

the 650 will be a pleasant surprise, plenty of power and comfort, not too much weight, the newer models all have abs, and are easier to move at low speeds, and you don';t have to fart at the sun to get on one ! the drive is all gear, no shaft or chain, an internal belt is rated to 80k miles, so it will last a year or two , antilock brakes can save yer bacon on occasion. Welcome to the forum and hopefully you will be an owner soon

doctorate dietary medicene, graduate suma cum laude, Ima eta pi
laugh at yourself, everyone else is

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 04:21 PM
Super Poster

Welcome aboard. I'm a new member and new Burgman owner. I can't give you anything from personal experience, but I've had several older friends who went the Burgman 650 route. One couple put 30,000+ miles a year on theirs riding double, and neither was exactly a lightweight. They ran all over the country. They lived in South Dakota and visited me in Arkansas a few years back and came by way of Florida.

I was riding an 1800 Goldwing at the time, and if I tried to run 70 to take it easy on them, they'd pass me and go on. I've seen them run 75 to 80 for miles on end. We met them in SD one year, and he took a group of us on a day ride, and most of our group of Goldwing riders were griping about having trouble keeping up I love to go faster than average, and I loved to follow them.

I've had four other friends, that I know of, buy Burgmans after a lifetime of riding motorcycles, and all of them put lots of freeway miles on them and toured the country.

If a Burgman is what you think you'd like to ride, you have nothing to worry about concerning its capabilities.
gec343, ducati14 and E.D. like this.

Retired. Finally found something I'm qualified for.

2006 Burgman 650
2013 Yamaha FJR1300
1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

What is the difference between the 650 ABS and the Executive?
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 08:55 PM
Turbo Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to gec343
I believe that all Burgman 650's 2013 to present are Executives, have ABS, Electronic windshield, etc. Prior years, the AN650's were non ABS. Just one 650 Burgman model now, the Executive!

2007 Burgman Executive (Lady Burgman) 16,000+ mile
2014 Burgman UH200 (Baby Burgman) 400 miles
2010 Honda Gold Wing/ABS
1977 BMW R100/7 (bought new)
Whizzer Motorbike

Previous scooters: 52 Cushman, 58 Allstate Crusaire, Honda Elite 80

Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.
Anatole France
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 09:47 PM
Super Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadeye321 View Post
Hello from Mayport Florida. I am a possible future Burgman owner. I am currently selling my 2006 Yamaha Stratoliner that I bought in November. The output shaft from the transmission is trashed and I can't afford to repair it so selling at a loss. I will be 69 next month and am seriously considering going to a Burgman 650. I need you folks to tell me if it would be a good choice or should I get another motorcycle. I ride about 15-18 thousand miles a year. I'm a cruiser rider but moving the big machines around is starting to get hard.

What is the difference between a 650 ABS and a 650 Executive? Is there a problem with output shafts on the Burgman? Will it run consistently at 65MPH? There is a 2014 650 new for $8100?

Bob"Deadeye" Goggin
If you are not keen on rolling around big machines....go to a dealer, take the 650 Burgman off the side stand and maneuver it around, making turns, etc.
See what you think.
I would seriously experiment with moving the big Burgman if you have any issues with the weight of your prospective 2-wheeler.
Stig
E.D. and BurgyBill like this.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 09:58 PM
Insane Poster

From perusing the 650 posts, there is a problem with some stopper bolts, you might read them. I test rode a 650, it was fun and plenty fast.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.
Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
2008 red B400
OTHER vehicles- 1997 Saturn SL, 2002 Haro mountain bike
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 09:58 PM
Turbo Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to gec343
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadeye321 View Post

Bob"Deadeye" Goggin
I'm a former long distance rider, Harley's, Gold Wing's, Yamaha Venture's, BMW's, etc. My Gold Wing is now for sale since after getting this Burgman Executive the Wing is very lonely. I absolutely love the Burgman 650 and have zero regrets in making the switch. In fact, just bought a new baby Burgman 200 as a new family addition. In my opinion, if you make the switch, you'll not regret it!
BurgyBill likes this.

2007 Burgman Executive (Lady Burgman) 16,000+ mile
2014 Burgman UH200 (Baby Burgman) 400 miles
2010 Honda Gold Wing/ABS
1977 BMW R100/7 (bought new)
Whizzer Motorbike

Previous scooters: 52 Cushman, 58 Allstate Crusaire, Honda Elite 80

Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.
Anatole France
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 10:09 PM

welcome

welcome to the forum, i purchased a 2016 exec and it's everything everyone else has said and more, not sure if i agree that there's isn't too much weight, but you read the former goldwing rider, he's happy with his 650. they are a beast, in terms of power, in disguise. like you, i joined before actually buying and got great advice, since then great info, tips, guidance, this is the place to be!
consider bluetooth for the helmet, some have changed their windshields, there's a ton of incredible information here, so...get the 650, and enjoy the ride, others have said, and i agree, with the power should come the respect, safety first, take care and be well
gec343 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.