Greetings from Victoria BC! - Suzuki Burgman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2016, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Greetings from Victoria BC!

Hello there from Victoria on Vancouver Island, BC!

Just bought a pre owned 2011 Burgman 400 Executive! Tried a few dealerships in greater Victoria and had pretty bad experiences. The dealers and salesmen all tried to tell me I didn't want a Burgman because of my age (36.) One even told me that "shifting gears isn't all that difficult when you get used to it." I know how to shift gears but I want an automatic anyways! Went all the way out to Ladysmith and it was worth it! Got to test ride the Burgman 400 and the Yamaha TMax back to back. Although the TMax was so much fun and so much faster and more powerful, I had my heart set on the Burgman. Couldn't drive it home because of licence restrictions, so having it delivered tomorrow morning.

I have a restricted licence for 10 more days. Now I just need to find a riding buddy so I can go out riding! Here in BC you can't ride alone for the first 2 weeks after you get your licence. If anyone here in Victoria wants to go for a ride with the proud owner of a new to me Burgman 400 please let me know!

Also, thank you to Suzy from Victoria on the forums here for giving me the confidence that my Burgman 400 can handle the Malahat. I can't wait to take this baby up the coast!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2016, 01:09 PM
Insane Poster

Welcome aboard from the GTA San Ontario!
One thing to note thou -- 400 Executive sounds a bit like the Yamazuki What you call is pertaining to the 650 version, the 400 has Limited Edition denoted by 'Z'.

The other one is that i feel similar towards TMax, technologically a very advanced scoot, but surprisingly uncomfortable and much less practical.

Burgman 650 '04 Exec black (sold)
Burgman 400 hopefully next.
Suzuki DL1000 current seat
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2016, 02:24 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to quaydvt
Welcome from another relative newcomer. I'm in the first 6 weeks of my Burg. Also in BC but not island-side. Thompson-Nicola area. The forum has been great information & support; very glad i found it. Great to see another Canuck on-board

'07 Burgman 400
'07 Piaggio mp3 250ie

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2016, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolzen View Post
Welcome aboard from the GTA San Ontario!
One thing to note thou -- 400 Executive sounds a bit like the Yamazuki What you call is pertaining to the 650 version, the 400 has Limited Edition denoted by 'Z'.
Thanks for clearing that up! Reminds me of my idea to take all the stickers off my Yamaha BWS and slap Suzuki stickers on it just as a laugh. Strangely, the manual says AN400A, but it very clearly is a limited edition, with the heated grips, faux wood panelling on the dash, and matching brown seat. Also has ABS, as it's written right on the bike itself!

The storage area under the seat is smaller than other Burgmans I have seen. There is a large bump that resembles a wheel well in the middle of the storage area, and the whole compartment does not go back as far as others. Also the large glove box compartment has a huge storage space on the right but no storage on the left. There is a cover for the battery on the left where I have seen storage compartments on other models.

Just thought this was a bit strange. I will learn to live with the storage I have, although there is no way two full face helmets could fit in there. I just barely got one to fit, and it was a very close.

So excited to finally have a Burger 400 of my own!

I am SSSOOOOOO glad I did so much research before test riding. If I didn't know better, I would have bought the TMax over the Burgman 400 without a second thought.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-11-2016, 11:44 PM
Turbo Poster

Garage
Welcome to the board from San Diego
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 01:26 AM
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersonglk View Post
The storage area under the seat is smaller than other Burgmans I have seen.
Just to be sure we are talking about same scoot.

I can lock two integral helmets size L inside without any issue, what size did you try to fit. There are reported XXXXXXL for some helmet models, but i don't think they can fit into other bikes too.

Burgman 650 '04 Exec black (sold)
Burgman 400 hopefully next.
Suzuki DL1000 current seat
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 01:32 AM
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersonglk View Post
Thanks for clearing that up! Reminds me of my idea to take all the stickers off my Yamaha BWS and slap Suzuki stickers on it just as a laugh. Strangely, the manual says AN400A, but it very clearly is a limited edition, with the heated grips, faux wood panelling on the dash, and matching brown seat. Also has ABS, as it's written right on the bike itself!

The storage area under the seat is smaller than other Burgmans I have seen. There is a large bump that resembles a wheel well in the middle of the storage area, and the whole compartment does not go back as far as others. Also the large glove box compartment has a huge storage space on the right but no storage on the left. There is a cover for the battery on the left where I have seen storage compartments on other models.

Just thought this was a bit strange. I will learn to live with the storage I have, although there is no way two full face helmets could fit in there. I just barely got one to fit, and it was a very close.

So excited to finally have a Burger 400 of my own!

I am SSSOOOOOO glad I did so much research before test riding. If I didn't know better, I would have bought the TMax over the Burgman 400 without a second thought.

Except for the brown seats, heated grips, abs and faux panels, sounds like a standard Burgman to me.

Congratulations and Welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.

"What is your measure of success? Warren Buffett has always said the measure is whether the people close to you are happy and love you." Bill Gates

Liamjs
Ingrid - '07 Blue Burgman 400 (56k mi) - original owner
Jesse - '05 Silver Burgman 650 (27k mi) - 3rd owner
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the great replies.

I have since learned the error of my ways. If following the little diagram under the seat, I can stow two full face helmets.

Used the heated grips on a chilly, wet ride through the middle of Vancouver Island and I was very pleased. I would have laughed at such a luxury in the past, now I know better.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 10:55 PM
Turbo Poster

Send a message via MSN to Sallybabe56
Hi there, just read your post. I have the Limited Edition 2012 400 Burgman. Unfortunately due to putting on a large Givi windshield I had to have the hand shields taken off as the place where I take it to for servicing etc. (Action Motorcycle) said that they compromised the turning efficiency of the handle bars. Weird that you had such bad experiences at a couple of places. I purchased the Burgman from SG Power and take it to Action Motorcycles for servicing, repair etc. I have had no problem with the guys there. They have even had Burgmans on their website for sale too. I also had a Givi topbox installed and the mechanic had to take off the part where it says Limited Edition. So 2 of the extras are off my Burgman. Boo hoo.

Whereabouts are you? It helps if members put where they live in their signature then other members know their locality. I did try a ride with the BMW Wednesday night club. Once was enough. They did not keep to the speed limit and the ride was over the Malahat to Bamberton. I respect the Malahat and go the speed limit and also take the curvy with a bit of caution. I soon got left behind and they disappeared on me so i said to he** with them and went to Duncan instead, had dinner and then took my time coming back.
I am sure you will really enjoy your ride, stay safe and happy trails. Cheers Sally.

2006 400cc Silver Burgman - SOLD DEC 2011
2012 400cc Black Burgman - bought Oct 5, 2013.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.