Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Trailering

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Tandem Cyclist 
#1 ·
For those of you that have had to tie down the Burg to a trailer, where are the best tie points? Hand grips and passenger grips?

#4 ·
BuckeyeBurger, some of us got lucky with the little ring loops on the rear frame under the plastic...I got them on mine too, but apparently they are on 05 400's, but at Scootercade when I checked every Burgman I could find, it was the 05 400's only. Does anybody else have any later information.?? Didn't find any on any of the 650's. Would be real nice if they were installed across the whole Burgman line. :!:

#6 ·
I probably tie down our scoot more than most. It rides in a box on the back of our truck when we change locations.

I don't care for the canyon dancer. You could end up with to much pressure on the bars and possible bend them. What's it doing to the throttle?

Soft ties. You can reach under the body work on the front to a point above the fork crown and loop around on each side. Make the angle of the tie down points close enough not to touch the body work. I have the loops on the back so that is where I tie the back. If you tie it loose enough for the suspension to work, make sure you chock the sides of the tires so they can't move to the sides. I do have a purpose built front wheel chock that makes everything easier.

Good luck
Rick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.