rear tire air with trike kit - Suzuki Burgman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2012, 12:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Bike Type: 2009 burgman 400 with Danson trike kit
Default rear tire air with trike kit

Nan (countryartist) asked me what pressure her and I should put in our rear tires since we both have trike kits. Her question/point was that should we consider the trike kit a "rider" and go with the higher rider number or - as I am thinking - do we NOT go with the higher rider number because the trike kit has its own tires and those two tires support the trike weight? Opinions please and thanx again!!!!
tomfelock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2012, 01:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to v8eyedoc
Default Re: rear tire air with trike kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfelock
Nan (countryartist) asked me what pressure her and I should put in our rear tires since we both have trike kits. Her question/point was that should we consider the trike kit a "rider" and go with the higher rider number or - as I am thinking - do we NOT go with the higher rider number because the trike kit has its own tires and those two tires support the trike weight? Opinions please and thanx again!!!!
Tom............!!! I would think that the manufacturer of the trike kit would specify what PSI is recommended for the rear tires.???? If not. I would call them.

I just found this on the forum.........!!! "Hello from Central Texas. I recently traded my white 2009 Burgman 650 Exec for a Red 2007 Exec with a Danson conversion. Both have less than 4000 miles and in perfect condition. As it was almost an even trade Iím really happy with the deal. I have just one problem; I consistently got 50 mpg with the 09 but Iím getting around 28 in the city and maybe 33 out on country roads. Refills come at around 100 miles on the odometer. I havenít done anything to correct this except make sure that tire pressure is right; 41 front, 33 rear, 10 in the Danson tires. Anyone have any suggestions?"
55 HD KHK
98 Boss Hoss
2 GSXR-1000's

PRESENTLY OWN:
01 Honda GL1800
08 Burgman AN400 Coocase colormatched handguards heated grips Denali lights
"PROUD MEMBER OF THE PATRIOT GUARD RIDERS"
"RIDE WHEN IT'S SUNNY - WORK WHEN IT RAINS"
v8eyedoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2012, 06:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Insane Poster

10 lbs is low, I run about 18 in my trinity trike, had about 18 in my Danson.
Wayne
seatec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2012, 09:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Insane Poster

I am not asking what the air pressure should be in the trike tires. i want to know what the air pressure should be in the rear Suzuki tire when the trike kit keeps that as the traction tire (unlike a "true" trike kit).
Old 07-25-2012, 03:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Insane Poster

I would put the recommended pressure that's in the owner Manuel to give better tire life
Wayne
Old 07-25-2012, 08:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Poster

I think if I was running a trike kit, I would run 40 psi in the rear drive tire.

Since the bike will no longer be leaning, I would also consider darksiding the rear and running it at 40 psi.
GeeGusKahn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2012, 10:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Poster

If you going to keep it triked I would put a car tire on it.....I say this because I am a big fan of car tires on motorcycles. I have a Goldwing that I have been running car tires on and my old shadow has 120,000 miles on it and 75,000 have been put on that bike with a car tire. Now saying all that my wifes 07 Burgman 400 has a car tire on it and she loves the way it rides handles and stops with the ct. She has over 17,000 miles on the tire and it still looks like new.
If you want mileage out of a tire then check out a CT on your scoot.
I know there are going to be riders that will tell you that you will crash and burn if you put a ct on a bike but after riding over 100,000 miles on car tires I can prove them wrong.
btaillon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2012, 01:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
Insane Poster

I already have a car tire on the back. I just want to know how much air I should put in it since my 400 has a Danson trike kit.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
Insane Poster

When I had the Danson kit with the car tire on the center I ran it with low air pressure to give a smoother ride and more traction, I just forget the pressure, but I would try about 18 to 22 to see how it feels.
Wayne

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.