Scooter Mover Near Belhaven NC? - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By westnash

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Question Scooter Mover Near Belhaven NC?

Hi,
Just bought a scooter off Ebay and as going to have a commercial shipper get it but just found out that it can not be accessed by Semi to get picked up. Anyone know of a legit dealer that could get my scooter and then I could arrange to have the scooter picked up from there shop?

Any other ideas?

I have tried Uship but the one guy that was going to get it just could not give me a date and the seller now wants it gone by this Fri etc (you all probably know the drill )

TIA

JJ

Scooter is a SPUD = SPECIAL URBAN DEVICE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

If you want to be tormented never ever ask for a quote from a online car/boat/motorcycle shipping company. Most all are brokers and have nothing to do with the actual moving. Wrote a few of the sites for quote and holy craX!

Besieged with calls and not only calls, email and texts and to even to go further rival companies telling you how the one you chose is a scammer etc. Prices also nuts, I have been into collecting /restoring motorcycles for well over 30 years and have shipped using commercial shippers and have never had a experience like this. I have had quotes for $1200 to move a "how big" Burgman for under 900 miles. I have had rigs shipped for less than half of that using again commercial shippers.

These so called online brokers make even Uship look like saints and I have used Uship a few times over the years and never had a problem.

So now I wait for my promised pick uo tomorrow....

JJ

Scooter is a SPUD = SPECIAL URBAN DEVICE
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 06:43 AM
Insane Poster

I had a very good experience moving a Burgman using Allied/Federal Transport w/ an AMA discount. It turns out that the semi's usually just run between their major points but small trucks like box trucks actually pick up and deliver. So you should have no problem.

My experience was very good for a cross country move and the price was cheaper than I could have done on my own w/ a trailer counting travel costs and no miles were run up on the Burgman!

These are not Brokers but there are certainly brokers as well.

You can contact by email at:

MOTORCYCLE@FEDERALCOS.COM

tel:800-747-4100
gec343 likes this.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaten View Post
Hi,
Just bought a scooter off Ebay and as going to have a commercial shipper get it but just found out that it can not be accessed by Semi to get picked up. Anyone know of a legit dealer that could get my scooter and then I could arrange to have the scooter picked up from there shop?

Any other ideas?

I have tried Uship but the one guy that was going to get it just could not give me a date and the seller now wants it gone by this Fri etc (you all probably know the drill )

TIA
Did you get it moved?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 11:20 AM
Insane Poster

Send a message via AIM to QuantumRift Send a message via Yahoo to QuantumRift
I can only tell you the great experience I had with Capitol Auto Transport (out of Florida). when I shipped my 650 from SE Arizona to Central Ohio. I know theWe were two similarly names entities, and I went with the best one I could find. The process was easy. They only deal with top rated haulers. I put out a bid on what I thought was a fair price to move my motorcycle, and within a day, I had a taker (thru the broker).

You never get charged UP FRONT for the entire move. You pay a SMALL deposit. When the fellow arrived at our home in Sierra Vista, AZ, he had large, enclosed trailer and loaded my Burgman into it. There were several other 'high dollar' bikes I could see as well. That was on a Thursday morning. He had my Burgman in OHIO on the following Sunday afternoon, and after taking satisfactory delivery, no damage, etc, only THEN did I pay the balance. Only then. So yes, there are a lot of crooked outfits out there, many who will charge you up front then provide crappy or non-existent service. However, I spent some time and researched what I felt to be the best, and I was not disappointed.

http://www.capitolautotransport.com/

I would never go with any other service than this one.

They also have great YELP reviews. https://www.yelp.com/biz/capitol-aut...rt-hollywood-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaten View Post
If you want to be tormented never ever ask for a quote from a online car/boat/motorcycle shipping company. Most all are brokers and have nothing to do with the actual moving. Wrote a few of the sites for quote and holy craX!

Besieged with calls and not only calls, email and texts and to even to go further rival companies telling you how the one you chose is a scammer etc. Prices also nuts, I have been into collecting /restoring motorcycles for well over 30 years and have shipped using commercial shippers and have never had a experience like this. I have had quotes for $1200 to move a "how big" Burgman for under 900 miles. I have had rigs shipped for less than half of that using again commercial shippers.

These so called online brokers make even Uship look like saints and I have used Uship a few times over the years and never had a problem.

So now I wait for my promised pick uo tomorrow....

"When he drives a new car off the lot, it increases in value."

"If Opportunity knocks, and he's not at home, Opportunity waits."

KRISS Headlight Modulator
Kisan TailBlazer Brake Light Flasher 20W-D - Plug-In
Manic Salamander Bar End Weights (with throttle lock)
Grip Puppies
3Brothers Backrest

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.