Get Out of HTML Mode in Posts? - Suzuki Burgman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Turbo Poster

Get Out of HTML Mode in Posts?

I didn't change anything lately -- at least that I'm aware of -- but for the last week or so, whenever I make a post here I'm in HTML mode, or whatever you call it. That is, I hit return just now, to make a new paragraph, but I'm betting this sentence is still in the first paragraph.

If I put in some HTML line breaks -- the BR code -- that will do the trick, as in this paragraph. But I didn't have to do this before. I've searched the forum, and I've looked at the User Control Panel, and can't find any setting that addresses this issue. Can someone help me out, please?

Regards,

Bill P.

2008 Exec:

Givi E52; AdMore lights; CustomLED flasher; Clearview; SpeedoHealer; Motolights; Running-lights mod; Powerlet socket; MCL RAM covers; G2 Throttle Tamer

2007 Exec [Sold in '12]:

Givi E52; Clearview; MC Cruise; SpeedoHealer; Motolights; Stebel air horn; Running-lights mod; Oznium LEDs; Powerlet sockets; MCL RAM cover; SW-Motech riser; Manic Salamander bar ends; Yoshimura exhaust; G2 Throttle Tamer

Gallery:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 12:40 AM
Super Poster

There are a lot of things about VBulletin that are less than quality. The mobile version is unusable. The full version takes two forevers to load and the classic version has a column og ads on the right margin that intrude into the text and cant be closed. The last few words of each line are obscured. My conclusion is that Vertical Scope and Vertical Bulletin are geared to advertizing and not to facilitating a forum. Absolutely the worst with exception of YahooGroups.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 12:58 AM
Super Poster

Sometime last week ...

... I lost the ability on my iPad to "like" things on this forum. The side icons are there but will not come up in the post when I click on them. The ones below the post no longer show up as an option. WTF? Can this be related to an IOS program up-date?

On my work computer, a windows platform, none of these problems exist.

Let me ride 'til I croak.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 04:14 AM
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati14 View Post
... I lost the ability on my iPad to "like" things on this forum. The side icons are there but will not come up in the post when I click on them. The ones below the post no longer show up as an option. WTF? Can this be related to an IOS program up-date?

It's because you locked your I PAD in your bike for a few days, and now it's mad at you!

My computer gets mad at me sometimes if I abuse it or neglect it. Lately it's been having a fit and indicating that the Hard drive was filling up and almost full, and I have a 1 TB hard Drive, with less than 200 GB of stuff total on it! I used WinDirStat to see what was actually on my hard drive. After much fretting and research, I found out that the computer or a virus had changed the settings in my restore points to use a much higher amount of space for the restore points, over 640 GB. This screwed up my "Free Space" and Windows Explorer was indicating that I only had about 35 GB of "Free Space" left, showing RED! Properties of Drive C: showed the same. I then DEEP VIRUS SCANNED the computer and it found one virus and cleaned it up. Then I finally found the problem and set it down to only use about 200 GB of space for the Restore Points, and then everything when back to normal, now showing 670 GB of Free Space. Moral of the Story - Don't let your Computer or Device get mad at you, treat it nice or else throw it in the lake!

Al in Sunny Tampa Bay Florida (St Petersburg)
2006 Burgman AN650 K6 White (The White Knight)
2008 Burgman AN400 K8 Red (The Red Baron)
1977 Honda CB 750 Silver
1977 Penneys 50 Moped Red
1974 Yamaha 360 MX Yellow
1973 Yamaha 80 MX Silver
1972 Honda QA 50 Red
1971 Kaw Bighorn 350 Enduro Brown
1970 Kaw H1 500 Red
1968 Kaw 120 Scrambler Red
1968 Kaw 120 Scrambler Blue
As far as the cages go, I've had all kinds,
but Toyota's Rule, no doubt!
John 3:16
Burgman Owners Map:
https://
Burgman Travel Stops Map:
https://
35802347796%2C-74.57433601542971&z=7
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
Turbo Poster

Er, so no one has any suggestions here, no Control Panel setting that governs this? On a possibly related note, at the top it says "Your Notifications 3" and if I click on that, I'm taken to the CP page, and shown nothing. I think this is a new problem, too, i.e., I think that used to work as intended a few weeks ago.

Regards,

Bill P.

2008 Exec:

Givi E52; AdMore lights; CustomLED flasher; Clearview; SpeedoHealer; Motolights; Running-lights mod; Powerlet socket; MCL RAM covers; G2 Throttle Tamer

2007 Exec [Sold in '12]:

Givi E52; Clearview; MC Cruise; SpeedoHealer; Motolights; Stebel air horn; Running-lights mod; Oznium LEDs; Powerlet sockets; MCL RAM cover; SW-Motech riser; Manic Salamander bar ends; Yoshimura exhaust; G2 Throttle Tamer

Gallery:
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 09:35 AM
Insane Poster

In the User Control Panel, there is an option to select message edit settings. You might try the textbox option. Who knows, it might help.

Ridin' the IceBurg - 10% transportation, 90% fun!
90K and counting.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
Turbo Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatman128 View Post
In the User Control Panel, there is an option to select message edit settings. You might try the textbox option. Who knows, it might help.
Ok, thanks much. I found that in CP --> Edit Options, and then changed Message Editor Interface from Enhanced Interface to Basic Editor.

Let's see if this line now appears as a new paragraph...

Regards,

Bill P.

2008 Exec:

2007 Exec [Sold in '12]:

Gallery:
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Turbo Poster

Ah, pressing Return a couple of times now works -- thanks!

I swear I didn't change that setting earlier. I just had a hard enough time finding it, to change the setting, that I certainly would've remembered that.

Regards,

Bill P.

2008 Exec:

2007 Exec [Sold in '12]:

Gallery:
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
Turbo Poster

Test with the middle choice, Standard Editor.

New paragraph?

Regards,

Bill P.

2008 Exec:

2007 Exec [Sold in '12]:

Gallery:
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 10:47 AM
Super Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati14 View Post

Could be! But my issues on my ipad are the same on any vScope, vBulletin, VSecure Site and not on any other. I am running OS 10.3.1, what are you running?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.