2007 650 Burgman Locked problem - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down 2007 650 Burgman Locked problem

Has anyone had trouble using provided key to unlock the scooter? I used the plastic key to keep anyone from putting any key in my scooter and now I can't get the thing unlocked using that same key! Turned real easy to the left to unlock but won't turn back to the right to unlock it! Help!!! Desperate! I don't have manual for the bike, d o I do something other than just turn it to the right? Push it in or something I'm not aware of? Help Me!!Please!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 08:50 PM
Turbo Poster

That's a problem. The most likely culprit is that your key is not OEM, but a copy. Therefore the magnets do not match. The oem key has magnets that match magnets in the ignition. If they do not match, you can not unlock the cover.

I have not needed to deal with this, but more research on this forum will provide your options.
gec343 likes this.

2004 Burgman 400
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 09:54 PM
Insane Poster

Location: Auburn WA Where God takes Vacation. ***TRAVEL STOP***
It can be taken apart and the shutter re-magneted to your key but a dealer would need to take it apart.

Sorry to say, you are new to the forum and we do not know you or where you are. Its like joining a Corvette forum and asking how to bypass the ignition interlock on the first post. I want to help but I do not want to help someone steal a bike ether. Hope you understand.

If you were close to my home, I could come over and fix it for you. But I can not explain it.
gec343, mike D and xringracing like this.

"Never mount a passenger car tire on a motorcycle rim; the flat profile of a car tire is incompatible ....." TOTALLY HOG WASH!!!

SSG/E6 Retired US ARMY Signal Corp. 9th Signal Bn, Forward.

160,000 miles on a CAR TIRE/DARKSIDE.

On a Achilles ATR-K Economist 155/65 HR 14,
Prior GT Radial Champiro VP1 185/60 HR 14, Potenza RE92 165/65 SR 14 and 155/65 HR 14 Formosa D2

***TRAVEL STOP*** Camp, tools, Wifi,.....

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 11:03 PM

Lots of answers to this problem... google the question.
Most answers are from this Burgman USA site, dated October 2009.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

Post Yes I'm new to forum.

Thanks for trying to help. Just bought the scooter several weeks ago. I live in Kansas City, any help would be great!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 02:45 PM
Insane Poster

Unfortunately for you any key can close the shutter but only the correct one can open it. You don't even have to use a key to close it. I've closed mine with just my finger.

If your's is closed and the key does not open it then you were given a key with the magnets positioned wrong. Likely the previous owner lost the OEM key and replaced it with a new one but never bothered to get it programmed correctly to open the shutter.

Your only choices now are to find a dealer that knows how to fix it (not a given that they will know), take the lock apart to get it open or just bust it to get it open.

I know how to do the last but don't want to say in an open forum.
Dave_J likes this.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 08:50 PM
Super Poster

If it is an aftermarket key you might be able to take it apart and try the magnet in different positions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/2522241...&ul_noapp=true
Dave_J likes this.

"Don't remind me of my failures I have not forgotten them" J. Browne
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 11:55 AM
Turbo Poster

I never, ever mess with that key cover!
xringracing likes this.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 05:57 PM
Insane Poster

Location: Auburn WA Where God takes Vacation. ***TRAVEL STOP***
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike33 View Post
I never, ever mess with that key cover!
It is an easy fix to bypass it if you need to. It consists of magnets, springs and tiny ball bearings. The springs push the ball bearings into matching holes that keep it from turning. The correct magnet pulls the ball bearing back out of the matching hole. But you need a special security T20 Torx bit to take it apart. I can turn mine closed and open with my fingertip.

"Never mount a passenger car tire on a motorcycle rim; the flat profile of a car tire is incompatible ....." TOTALLY HOG WASH!!!

SSG/E6 Retired US ARMY Signal Corp. 9th Signal Bn, Forward.

160,000 miles on a CAR TIRE/DARKSIDE.

On a Achilles ATR-K Economist 155/65 HR 14,
Prior GT Radial Champiro VP1 185/60 HR 14, Potenza RE92 165/65 SR 14 and 155/65 HR 14 Formosa D2

***TRAVEL STOP*** Camp, tools, Wifi,.....
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 06:36 PM
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_J View Post
It is an easy fix to bypass it if you need to. It consists of magnets, springs and tiny ball bearings. The springs push the ball bearings into matching holes that keep it from turning. The correct magnet pulls the ball bearing back out of the matching hole. But you need a special security T20 Torx bit to take it apart. I can turn mine closed and open with my fingertip.
so. if I have a strong enoughmaglet gitawayeskimowoman! magnet, I can pull the rest forward and turn the shutter? I lgot some that will pull the shoes offn a running horse!

doctorate dietary medicene, graduate suma cum laude, Ima eta pi
laugh at yourself, everyone else is

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.