Are you Embarrised? Will you let it kill you? - Page 2 - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 06:58 AM
Insane Poster

my next door neighbor had one last year, he is the kind of person who thinks someone who can only serve as a bad example, in his opinion, is an overachiever, As a result he is always short of a little cash, I offered him $10.00 to sprinkle a little glitter on the "area of concern" before his procedure. Sadly he declined.
captainfish, Dave_J and E.D. like this.

never swim nekkid, they'll know who farted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 07:10 AM
Turbo Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to gec343
Yes, Colon Cancer is a killer. My father got his first colonoscopy at age 66 but it was too late. His colon was already riddled with cancer and he died before turning 67, not to mention a painful death!

I get a colonoscopy every five years and a few polyps have been found and removed during some of those procedures. The way I understand it is the polyps turn into cancer if not removed.

Dave J

You've done a service in posting this, and may very well have a part in saving a life or two!
Dave_J, Desert Rat and E.D. like this.

2007 Burgman Executive (Lady Burgman) 16,000+ mile
2010 Honda Gold Wing/ABS
1977 BMW R100/7 (bought new)
Whizzer Motorbike
2013 Kymco Agility 125

Previous scooters: 52 Cushman, 58 Allstate Crusaire, 2006 Honda Elite 80

Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.
Anatole France
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Insane Poster

Location: Auburn WA Where God takes Vacation. ***TRAVEL STOP***
I mixed the Mirlax with VitaminWater and it is SO MUCH BETTER than GoLightly. You can not taste much. But IT WORKS!!!

Not much sleep thru the night but that is not unusual. Dress with layers as you may get some chills.

If you start getting yourself psyched up for this over a week's time, the HUNGER is not so bad. Hunger can be a problem but if you do not follow the prep right and eat solid food, they may stop and reschedule for another time. My procedure is at 1:30 PM so I have not eaten any solid food since Sunday night at about 7 PM and just coffee, sports drink, chicken broth and water since then, it is 8:30 AM now so 37 hours so far. Try to get scheduled earlier so you are done and can eat.

I do not know any of you all personally. But please understand, YOU CAN DO THIS. It will strike men or women regardless of age or race.

Like I said, my father let it embarrass him and it was too late when he HAD to have it done. They had to remove all of his small and large intestines but the cancer had gotten to his liver and other organs. But then the cancer hit his brain and a very intelligent person lost 75% of his memory in about 2 weeks. He passed away two months later.

"Never mount a passenger car tire on a motorcycle rim; the flat profile of a car tire is incompatible ....." TOTALLY HOG WASH!!!

SSG/E6 Retired US ARMY Signal Corp. 9th Signal Bn, Forward.

160,000 miles on a CAR TIRE/DARKSIDE.

On a Achilles ATR-K Economist 155/65 HR 14,
Prior GT Radial Champiro VP1 185/60 HR 14, Potenza RE92 165/65 SR 14 and 155/65 HR 14 Formosa D2

***TRAVEL STOP*** Camp, tools, Wifi,.....

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 01:41 PM

Add me to the list of of folks who unabashedly advocate for having this procedure. I have not found the hunger during the prep to be a problem - just the frequency and urgency for going to the bathroom. Only got to see 15 minutes of the 2016 Super Bowl. I'll remember to check my calendar for the day prior to the procedure next time prior to locking in a date.
captainfish, Dave_J and E.D. like this.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 02:24 PM

In the UK they do FOB tests - http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/bowel-c...t-happens.aspx - between 60-74. Personally since I have Crohn's I get to have a colonoscopy every 5 years or less any way.
Dave_J likes this.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embattle View Post
In the UK they do FOB tests - http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/bowel-c...t-happens.aspx - between 60-74. Personally since I have Crohn's I get to have a colonoscopy every 5 years or less any way.
We have tests like the FOB here too. It is only used for people that are not on a high risk. There are a few box tests, ColoGuard is one of the newest and so easy. This is the first test a person should have.

UC or Crohn's patents still need to get a colonoscopy every 5 years or sooner.

"Never mount a passenger car tire on a motorcycle rim; the flat profile of a car tire is incompatible ....." TOTALLY HOG WASH!!!

Prior GT Radial Champiro VP1 185/60 HR 14, Potenza RE92 165/65 SR 14 and 155/65 HR 14 Formosa D2

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.D. View Post
Yeah Good Post, I'm getting past due myself. I'm 69 and had two of them, last one was 2006.

First time I was awake, I was drugged so I was about halfway asleep, but I could watch what was going on. I could watch the screen and I could see the camera going through my guts. Didn't hurt at all, I think i said a few thing to him while it was going on. I don't know what they drugged me with, but I had no after effects. I asked for and got some pictures of the procedure. That one went ok.

Second time in 2006, they got me from BOTH ENDS, so they knocked me out, they didn't ask me if I wanted to be, they just did it. I was lying on a gurny with a white sheet over me. A Chinese guy was there, he said his name was ROY, he was kind of humorus, and that he was was going to put me to sleep. I looked at the tubes and they already had a Saline drip going into my arm. I said OK, what you using, and he said Propofol. He said " you are going to fall asleep in about 10 seconds, I said OK. Then he stuck the syring needle into the tube and in about 10 seconds I could see the darkness come right over me, just like if you pulled a heavy sheet over my head, I said "Goodnight ROY" and I was out like a light. Man, that was some REALLY GOOD stuff! No wonder Michael Jackson loved it so much! But he got too much of it and got used to it, and it quit working for him. His last words were "Give me more Milk". Anyway, that one came out good too with no after effects. I asked for written reports, and got nice ones with pretty color pictures. They will set me up for another one soon, probably this year.

Yep. They put the IV in and I walked into the room, laid down on the gurrny and the guy named Dan said "I will be giving you a small dose of propofol and you will be out in 10 seconds." He pushed the syringe and I smelled a funny chemical wiff, felt a few ants crawl up my neck and POOF, woke up 30 minuets later. The Doc said no Polyps. I got to look at the pretty pictures too while the Doc explained things. No pain but lots of air. So good to go for another 2 years.

post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 01:42 AM
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticCross View Post
Add me to the list of of folks who unabashedly advocate for having this procedure. I have not found the hunger during the prep to be a problem - just the frequency and urgency for going to the bathroom. Only got to see 15 minutes of the 2016 Super Bowl. I'll remember to check my calendar for the day prior to the procedure next time prior to locking in a date.
Most Important! To carry my Pocket Calendar in the back pocket. I always check my calendar when making appointments due to having so many Doctor appointments, Labs, Tests, Roofers, Events and just all sorts of things going on. Always best to plan ahead to avoid conflicts. I would hate to miss a ride with my gf or ridin my gf just because of a calendar conflict!

Al in Sunny Tampa Bay Florida (St Petersburg)
2006 Burgman AN650 K6 White (The White Knight)
2008 Burgman AN400 K8 Red (The Red Baron)
1979 Honda CB 750 Silver
1979 Penneys 50 Moped Red
1974 Yamaha 360 MX Yellow
1973 Yamaha 80 MX Silver
1972 Honda QA 50 Red
1971 Kaw Bighorn 350 Enduro Brown
1970 Kaw H1 500 Red
1968 Kaw 120 Scrambler Red
1968 Kaw 120 Scrambler Blue
As far as the cages go, I've had all kinds,
but Toyota's Rule, no doubt!
John 3:16
Burgman Owners Map:
https://
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Burgman Travel Stops Map:
https://
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
35802347796%2C-74.57433601542971&z=7
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
My dad died of colon cancer at 56. I've out lived him now by 14 years. Had my first check up at 50 next at 60 & now due for another. No polyps at 50, afew at 60.

Mike
Black 09 650 Exc Bought 3/30/13 7350 miles, grip puppies & Bearcat backrest.
Darksided 5/8/16 33,215 miles Bridgestone 165/60r-14
07 400 bought 6/08 with 500 miles sold with 46,818 miles 3/23/13
First bike new 1966 blue Honda 175 Scrambler
Romans 10:9
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 10:45 PM
Turbo Poster

HUGE advocate. And, only you, the doctor, and the person who drove you to and from the procedure know you ever had one. So, there's nothing... NOTHING to get embarrassed about. It is now common practice and .. much needed. I don't recall having the gas attack like ya'll did, but I also don't recall much of anything from that day. LOL. medical grade rufies.

Mine was a few years ago. It wasn't specifically for the traditional "colonoscopy exam to find polyps or cancer".. but it was the same procedure. Nothing found thankfully. Or, unthankfully since they didn't find a reason for my "issue".

Might need to see about getting another one done since I'm 49 now. (gag me with a spoon).
gec343 likes this.

Current Owner:
My 2nd 2005 Blue Burgman 650

Previous owner:
1987 Honda Helix
January 2005 Blue Burgman 650
"Blue Lightning"

Photo Gallery:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.