LED Headlights *New - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 194 (permalink) Old 10-20-2015, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Turbo Poster

Garage
LED Headlights *New

Well as my first step on spending money on my unit, here comes the LED headlights.....

So I have read everything about headlights from, stay with stock to HID to LED. I decided to go with the LED for a few reasons. One of the main they look great and the install was easy!

I have attached some pictures! Here is the link:
Amazon.com: OPT7 LED Headlight Bulbs w/ Clear Arc-Beam Kit - H3 - 60w 7,000Lm 6K Cool White CREE - 2 Yr Warranty: Automotive Amazon.com: OPT7 LED Headlight Bulbs w/ Clear Arc-Beam Kit - H3 - 60w 7,000Lm 6K Cool White CREE - 2 Yr Warranty: Automotive

Here is the box:

Here is the lights, please note unlike many other brands this has the LED on both sides. Some you can buy will be one sided and cause issues with reflection.

As you know to access the lights you must first take this off. Very easy and there is a bunch of Youtube videos showing how. (Burgman tupperwear removal)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfz5BVBvXy4

This is them fit into the H4. Please note: To get the spring around the LED back piece you have to wrap the spring as you install the light)

As you can see it simple plug and play no extra items needed.

I took two zip ties and placed the box on the frame pillar. They leave enough slack to allow the turning and so on.

Before Install:

I took a picture to show one diff then the other.

Final product!

Hope this helps anyone in question. I love being able to come to this site and get information I need.

More crap to come!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SpunN Style
1997-2014 United States Army A/R/SO JFK
Never forgotten, never forgive
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Suzuki Burgman 650 Gray 20,252 Miles (Love it!)

Last edited by SpunN16; 10-20-2015 at 10:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 194 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 12:20 AM
Insane Poster

Garage
Nice tutorial - thanks for posting it. The question is - do they light up the road better?

Insert comment here.
post #3 of 194 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 12:38 AM Thread Starter
Turbo Poster

Garage
*update:
Drove it from the beach to my house tonight in the dark to test. With cloud coverage, the beach was dark......but to get to my house I took the back roads through the windy hills. No street lights no other cars and opens and closes up. Did they work? 20x better very impressed. I will try and do pictures of this one of these nights. I was too excited to stop and impressed.

So as for now I'm impressed. Good spread through out the road not just up close.

post #4 of 194 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 07:54 AM
Super Poster

Garage
Just curious ... why H3 vice H4? I know it's a dumb question, but most threads (and my manual) list H4 bulbs for the 650. I thought you needed an H4 for hi/lo beam vice the H3. Thanks.
post #5 of 194 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Turbo Poster

Garage
I bought and used H4. The link you have to select H4 dual pack from the drop down box.

*Note: there is H4 for $54.99 (this is a single bulb, even though it doesn't specify.) The dual is $99.99.
post #6 of 194 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 12:26 PM
Turbo Poster

[QUOTE=SpunN16;1225218]
Here is the lights, please note unlike many other brands this has the LED on both sides. Some you can buy will be one sided and cause issues with reflection.

Tell us more I've not seen this statement before. But then again I haven't done serious research yet.

It seems the statements I've read "LED's just aren't there yet" seem to be invalid if you are getting great results with these.

2004 Burgman 400
post #7 of 194 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Turbo Poster

Garage
I will try and get some pictures up ASAP.

About two years ago I put LED on my SideXSide for the desert and used "bulb replacements".....they sucked. I opted for a 24" Light bar up top and 12" on the lower. Basically canceling out my headlights. When I looked for my old majesty 400 I saw the issues with bulbs not made properly and lighting positions having reflection issues. Being I knew the machine was going to be sold soon I stayed away.

After I made the jump to this beast, I knew it was HID or LED. Being I prefer LED lights on my car, my truck, my toys, I spent a ton of time looking. In the end, someone had to take the plunge and just order them. So I did, happy as a pig in crap!
BurgyBill and thebrauns85 like this.
post #8 of 194 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
Turbo Poster

Garage
Here is the best I could do tonight. Had to find a street with less street lights. On my hill we have a ton!

1) low normal light
2) high beam

Please note need to bring them down a bit. But hope this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1445484294180.jpg (74.0 KB, 285 views)
File Type: jpg image_1445484321099.jpg (66.5 KB, 238 views)
post #9 of 194 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 02:30 PM
Super Poster

Garage
I decided to install these lights instead of the HID lights I had. I haven't had a chance to ride with them at night yet, but they are definitely brighter (also obviously whiter in color).

By far the biggest problem I had was reinstalling the retaining clip for the right side headlight. I guess my brain/finger connection wasn't working very well, but it took me 10-15 minutes just to get that clip reconnected. Other than that, easy. I too used zip ties to hold the box in place and keep the wires away from the heat sink (figure that gets pretty hot after awhile).

Time will tell!
SurplusGadgets likes this.
post #10 of 194 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Turbo Poster

Garage
Yes that **** boot! I agree. Little pain, as for the heat I took it apart yesterday, got some more things, and it looked in good shape.

How long did it take them to ship it to you?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.