LED Headlights *New - Page 2 - Suzuki Burgman Forum
 50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 189 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 09:43 PM
Super Poster

Garage
They got here in 4 days. Very pleased.

Rode the bike this evening. First thing I noticed was at dusk, the headlights were reflecting off road signs much further away than I expected (quarter mile or so). I could see the shadows of cars in front of me on some of the road signs. Kind of strange. I was actually nervous I might be blinding oncoming traffic or people looking in their rear view mirror. But I asked the guy I was riding with (and behind) and he said definitely very noticeable but not a problem.

The thing I liked the most was I could see better to the sides and could see much more of the road. I also like the whiter color but that's just me.

I don't know how they compare to HID but I like them a lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 189 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 10:54 AM

Philips solution.
post #13 of 189 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 11:11 AM
Turbo Poster

Garage
What i don't like about these LED bulbs is the cooling fan, a cooling fan in a motorcycle will not live long enough as the one in your PC, and if it fail it will cause overheating and can damage the plastic casing of the reflectors, unless they were cooled by heat-sink only then it will be okay for long term run.

post #14 of 189 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Turbo Poster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hussein Adil View Post
What i don't like about these LED bulbs is the cooling fan, a cooling fan in a motorcycle will not live long enough as the one in your PC, and if it fail it will cause overheating and can damage the plastic casing of the reflectors, unless they were cooled by heat-sink only then it will be okay for long term run.
I have yet to have a problem with them. I do heavy riding every week. I think with the way new ones are built there is solutions to past problems. IE: the product I have keeps cool, no plastic is heated, the rear of the bulb is cool to the touch.

These were things I was worried about being I had bad experiences in the past.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SpunN Style
1997-2014 United States Army A/R/SO JFK
Never forgotten, never forgive
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Suzuki Burgman 650 Gray 20,252 Miles (Love it!)
post #15 of 189 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Turbo Poster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Tan View Post

Philips solution.
million dollar question: Is there LED lights on both sides of the bulbs? This is a major problem if not, due to the reflector and where the light will shine to....
SurplusGadgets likes this.

SpunN Style

post #16 of 189 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpunN16 View Post
million dollar question: Is there LED lights on both sides of the bulbs? This is a major problem if not, due to the reflector and where the light will shine to....
It works better since the light element same like halogen bulb.
post #17 of 189 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 02:35 PM

Garage
Nice job, Spun. Boy, you've been busy. First the LED dash lamps, and now the LED headlights. What're the next few items on your project list?
SpunN16 likes this.

Richard
2011 white AN400, 8K miles.
Stock - except Throttle Rocker, GO Cruise, and Bestem TBOX-929-LED topcase.
post #18 of 189 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 03:33 PM
Insane Poster

I don't know why you need them unless you ride a great deal at night on 2 lanes. The stock 650 lights are ok on low and bright on high.
post #19 of 189 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Turbo Poster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbruer View Post
Nice job, Spun. Boy, you've been busy. First the LED dash lamps, and now the LED headlights. What're the next few items on your project list?
Funny you should say that....
LED Turn signals
Was working on this, this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westnash View Post
I don't know why you need them unless you ride a great deal at night on 2 lanes. The stock 650 lights are ok on low and bright on high.
Well being I commute over a 100 miles a day, and tend to leave early am or come home later in the night, also including being in a busy area these do a lot! First, people can see my and that is a huge bonus. Second when driving at night I can see a lot more on the road, we get a lot of crap that falls off trucks. The other day I avoided a ladder and paint bucket.

Also, when we tend to go up the mountains its great and I get a ton of complements.

SpunN Style

post #20 of 189 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 07:43 PM
Insane Poster

Garage
speaking of ladders, my girlfriend was scared one was going to fall off the truck in front of her. Has having the brighter lights during the helped visibility? I know I saw one other bike ever with LED headlights and i sure saw him coming.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Burgman Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.